Families demand immediate arrest of cops over deaths of Durian Tunggal trio

Lawyers representing the families of three men shot dead during a police operation in Durian Tunggal, Melaka, have threatened to reveal the identities of the personnel allegedly involved unless the authorities take immediate action.

Families demand immediate arrest of cops over deaths of Durian Tunggal trio

PETALING JAYA: Lawyers representing the families of G. Logeswaran, 29, M. Puspanathan, 21, and M. Puvaneswaran, 24, who were shot dead by police in Durian Tunggal, Melaka, last November, have demanded the immediate arrest of those responsible, maintaining that the trio were executed.

Speaking at a press conference today, lawyer Rajesh Nagarajan, one of three legal representatives acting for the families, said the post-mortem reports prepared by Hospital Melaka contradicted the official account of the fatal police shooting. The reports also showed that the three men had been shot at close range.

The families demand:

  • The immediate arrest of, and murder charges against, all police personnel allegedly involved in what they described as the “execution-style” killing of the three victims.
  • Criminal and disciplinary action against all senior police officers, including the Melaka police chief and anyone else alleged to have participated in concealing the circumstances surrounding the deaths since November 2025.
  • An explanation from the prime minister, the Federal government, Home Ministry, Inspector-General of Police, and Attorney General for the delay in taking action following the release of an audio recording in December 2025.

The lawyers warned that if no immediate action was taken, they would publicly identify the police personnel allegedly involved and leave it to the authorities to decide on the next course of action.

“It has been almost eight months since the incident, and yet no action has been taken against the perpetrators,” Rajesh said.

“We have audio recordings of the murder. We have a crystal-clear post-mortem report of the killings, and yet the police are not taking any action.

“Are Indian lives so cheap that three Indian youths can die and the matter can simply be swept under the carpet? Is that the message the government wants to send?”

Rajesh added that, while his remarks might “ruffle some feathers”, he was forced to speak up as the “unelected home minister” (Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail) was not doing his job.

Saifuddin was appointed a senator in 2022. He is serving his second term, which expires in December 2028.

Logeswaran

Graphics above were provided by the lawyers.

Rajesh said the legal team had cooperated with the authorities’ task force investigating the incident, but claimed they had been “given the runaround”.

“The families were only able to obtain the post-mortem reports after paying RM3,000, despite the documents having been released to the police in March,” Rajesh said.

“We had to pay for the post-mortem reports despite repeatedly asking the police for copies. What is perplexing is that no photographs were attached.

“We have written to the hospital requesting the photographs. In the meantime, we have reconstructed images based on the post-mortem reports.”

Besides Rajesh, the legal team representing the families comprises lawyers Sachpreet Singh and Izyan Azemi.

During a police operation at an oil palm plantation on Nov 24 last year, Logeswaran, Puspanathan, and Puvaneswaran were shot dead after one of them allegedly attacked police officers with a parang.

However, an audio recording later contradicted the police’s account of the incident, and in December, the Attorney-General’s Chambers directed that the case be reclassified as murder.

In April, Digital Minister Gobind Singh Deo called on the Attorney-General to explain the status of the case.